REASONS 2014 COLUMBIA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON
clear with dark garnet color
dark fruit; black cherry, plum, cassis, and blackberry. With notes of black tea, pipe tobacco, leather, violets, and subtle toasted oak and vanilla
Fruit carries through to palate and the moderate-to-moderate plus acidity helps bring the fruit to the forefront. The savory notes are also more prevalent on the mouth with good flavors of tea leaf and black coffee supporting the dark fruit and juiciness.
The mouthfeel is full-bodied and rich with plush tannins supported by the moderate-to-moderate plus acidity.
The finish is long and generous, offering juicy black fruit and roasted coffee
This wine is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from four different A.V.A.’s and four separate vineyard sources.
- Walla Walla A.V.A. (64%) – provides bright fruit characters and acidity
- Columbia Valley A.V.A. (25%) – provides mid-palate depth and floral aromas
- Yakima Valley A.V.A. (6%) – provides tannin and structure as well as some savory character
- Wahluke Slope A.V.A. (5%) – provides structure and depth of finish
- pH = 3.95
- Total Acidity = 5.30g/100ml
- Alcohol = 14.85%